For over thirty years, Houlder has designed and installed heavy cargo seafastening for a variety of standard to ultra-heavy break bulk cargoes. Our team of designers and engineers support quick approval, fabrication and load-out. We provide a turn-key package from pre-survey and approval through to installation.
On site vessel survey facilitates the rapid identification of the most effective heavy cargo seafastening options. Specific tasks undertaken by the project team at this initial phase include;
- Assessment of suitable locations to ensure efficient loading
- Detailed survey to reduce design time and increase accuracy of structural analysis
- Achieving Pre-approval with Class/warranty and all other regulatory bodies to facilitate a smooth, efficient process.
Using DNV GL rules/guidelines, as applicable, Houlder provides:
- Detailed report of calculations; certifications; final drawings of lashing and stowage arrangements.
- Local vessel strength verification for cargo load as required including FEA (below)
- Class / MWS approved vessel deck layout and loading plan drawings.
- Fabrication drawings for any specialist brackets, grillages or frames.
Fabrication and Installation
Houlder’s self-contained site team of Engineers, Construction Supervisors and Coded Welders can be mobilised to heavy cargo seafastening installations worldwide within 24 hours.
- Complete turn-key provision including all equipment, NDT & final Class / MWS sign-off.
- Minimise delays if changes are required during loading.
- Single point of contact between client, ship and marine warranty surveyors to achieve an effective and safe solution.
Houlder’s track record of heavy cargo seafastening is ensuring oil & gas installations, pipe and cable laying, offshore wind construction, marine transport and other offshore operations run safely, smoothly and cost effectively. Clients include Siemens Wind Energy, TP Shipping, Schlumberger , Shepherd Offshore, GE Oil & Gas, Reef Subsea and Gardline Geosciences.